Click here to read about us in the Daily Journal: http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2016/11/group-to-light-river-inn-sign/
Fergus Falls Downtown Riverfront Council is a non-profit association formed in 2015 to bring together citizens who share an interest in advancing our downtown riverfront, and who believe:
- Our downtown’s unique feature is our Otter Tail River.
- In the past, we have hidden our riverfront instead of promoting it.
- Downtown riverfront space should be used for attractions and amenities, not parking lots.
- Other Minnesota cities, large and small, have developed downtown plans that include funding and carrying out the plans. We need to do the same.
- Development will need a jump-start from a variety of sources, including the city.
- More people living downtown, in a variety of housing options, will bring more vitality to our downtown arts, restaurant, and entertainment scene.
- Downtown excitement is a sure way to bring more visitors to Fergus Falls, boosting our economy.
- Money spent on downtown improvements is money well spent. It will increase the value and tax revenue of all downtown property, not just the new development.
- Our downtown needs a “town square” or “civic center” complex. Future actions and amenities should be centralized, not scattered at the edges of town.
- Riverfront greenspace and trails are key to the success of downtown.
- There should be downtown lodging options for visitors to Fergus Falls.